RN-to-BSN Program Admission Criteria
To expedite the admission process, the following are recommended to take place concurrently:
Step 1 of admission process:
- Admission to Mayville State University
- Complete the Mayville State University Application for Admission online application using the following link: Apply now to Mayville State University
- Submit a non-refundable, one-time $35 application fee. No admissions decisions will be made until the application fee is received.
- Submit an official transcript from all colleges and universities attended using the following link: student_clearinghouse.org. Transcripts must be signed by a school official and contain the official school seal.
- *Degree leading to RN licensure must be posted
unavailable through the clearinghouse will need to be requested directly from thecollege or university of attendance.
- Applicants must meet university admission requirements for transfer students. Please read the information provided within the following link: transfer student_admission requirements_Mayville State University
- Be in good academic standing (not on dismissed or suspended status) at the most recent college or university you have attended.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the conclusion of any semester in which the number of institutional and transfer hours attempted reaches or exceeds 64 semester hours. Note: minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 required for nursing program admission.
Step 2 of admission process:
- Admission to the RN-to-BSN Program
- Applicants must complete and submit the RN-to-BSN Program online application using the following link: RN-to-BSN Program application
- Admission Deadlines: Applications are accepted year round. Priority consideration is given to fall semester applications received by Feb. 1st, and to spring semester applications received by October 1st.
- Submit a non-refundable, one-time $25.00 program application fee which can be paid by calling the MaSU Business Office at 701-788-4757 or 4758 and paying with a credit or debit card over the phone. No nursing program admission decisions will be made until the application fee is received.
- Earned nursing degree leading to RN licensure (AAS, AS, or Diploma) from a regionally accredited institution (nursing program accreditation not required)
- Conditional program acceptance will be granted if applying in final semester of RN program until the final AAS/AS-RN degree has been posted.
- Active unencumbered RN license or be a graduate in current semester with license pending
- Must be licensed by July 15th for Fall semester start/November 15th for Spring start (later date allowed only by Nursing Division Chair approval).
- Conditional program acceptance will be granted to applicants who do not hold RN licensure but are scheduled for or awaiting results of the NCLEX-RN Exam.
- Should a final transcript or licensure status indicate the applicant has not met the above admission requirements, conditional acceptance will be rescinded and the student will be required to reapply to the program in a future semester. The applicant will not be considered as admitted to the program to continue with enrollment in nursing courses without valid RN licensure. Enrollment in courses outside of the nursing major (Essential Studies courses, 300/400 level courses, and a statistics course), however, may proceed.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum grade of "C" required for all previous nursing courses
- Two professional letters of reference addressing nursing role performance using the form below must be submitted to Shannon Skovlund, Nursing Admissions & Nursing Division Admin. Coordinator at email@example.com.
- MaSU Division of Nursing_Program Reference Form
Identification of public health clinical site(s) available local to student residence for required clinical course, NURS 442.
- Applicant must indicate potential public health agency locations on program application
- Applicant from a state other than ND or MN must be a resident of a state where Mayville State University is authorized to offer online degree programs (see MaSU State Authorizations Website). In addition, the applicant must obtain approval for student clinical experiences from the state board of nursing within his/her state of residence prior to being granted program admission. Documentation of state board of nursing approval using the Public Health Clinical Approval Form supplied within the following link must be obtained.
MaSU Division of Nursing out-of-state clinical approval form
- Following program admission, submission of the following will be required within the program's approved platform:
- Proof of current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS) CPR certificate
- Proof of all current immunizations.
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Proof of health insurance/health insurance waiver
- Access to a computer with high-speed Internet and virus protection
- Personal computer requirements will be provided upon request
- Mayville State University's Office of Nursing Admissions will notify applicants of their admission to MSU.
- The Division of Nursing will notify applicants of their admission status to the nursing program.