Now accepting applications for the Fall 2023 semester! Apply to the Nursing graduate certificate programs using the following link
This Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate program prepares the baccalaureate prepared registered nurse for advanced educator roles in academic and practice settings.
This Nursing Leadership & Management Graduate Certificate prepares the baccalaureate prepared registered nurse for advanced nursing roles in healthcare leadership and management.
MSN Program Mission
The mission of the Graduate Nursing Program is to prepare nurses within a collaborative learning environment to effectively serve as nurse leaders in academic and practice settings who are committed to life-long learning, contribute to the discipline of nursing through rigorous intellectual inquiry and translation of evidence into practice, collaborate with interprofessional teams, and lead change, promote health, and elevate care for diverse and global populations.
Take the next step in your nursing career; check out our Nurse Educator and Nurse Management & Leadership Certificate tracks!
- The Nursing Leadership & Mgmt and the Nurse Educator Certificate Programs prepare the BSN registered nurse for advanced nursing roles in healthcare leadership and management settings.
- Courses are strictly online and are offered in a 5-week blocked format.
- The graduate certificate student will be able to complete their coursework while working as a BSN prepared nurse and will be able to develop enhanced leadership & management skills within a variety of healthcare settings.
Requirements for Admission•Application to Mayville State University using the link below. Applicant must select either Nurse Educator Certificate or Nurse Leadership & Management Certificate during the application process. → Mayville State University online application •Completion of the Online MSN Program application → Graduate Certificate Program online Application
• Earned baccalaureate nursing degree (i.e. BSN or BAN) from a regionally accredited institution who holds national nursing program accreditation.
**Conditional program acceptance will be granted to applicants who apply in the final semester of their baccalaureate degree program with unconditional acceptance granted upon receipt of the final transcript with posted baccalaureate degree.
• Current U.S. unencumbered RN licensure required throughout program enrollment in state anticipated for practicum course experiences.
•Applicant from a state other than ND or MN must be a resident of a state where Mayville State University is authorized to offer online degree programs, see MaSU State Authorizations Website available at http://www.mayvillestate.edu/msu-online/msu-online/state-authorization/. Applicant from state other than ND or MN must obtain approval for student practicum experiences from the state board of nursing within his/her state of residence prior to being granted program admission. Documentation of state board of nursing approval to be secured utilizing the Division of Nursing required form.
•Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
•Minimum grade of “C” required for all previous nursing courses.
•Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
•Two professional letters of reference addressing nursing role performance on the Division of Nursing Reference form using the link provided below.
•Clearance for clinical practice verified within a criminal background check completed within the online program application.
•Access to a computer with high-speed Internet and virus protection.
•Maximum of 6 SH credits permitted for transfer of NURS graduate credits to be used toward the graduate certificate degree requirements. Transfer credit approved from a regionally accredited institution who holds national nursing program accreditation.
•MaSU BSN elective course credit (maximum of 9 credits) can be earned at the master’s level. Specific MSN courses to be used to meet this requirement must be approved by the BSN program advisor. No additional admission processes will be required for the BSN student to enroll in MSN courses for BSN elective credit.
•Required after program admission:
- Proof of all current immunizations
- Current American Health Association Healthcare Provider (BLS) CPR certification
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Proof of health insurance/health insurance waiver
**If a graduate certificate is pursued in isolation, financial aid does not apply.