Now accepting applications for the Spring 2021 semester! Apply to the MSN Nursing Program using the following link:
MSN Program Goals
The Graduate Nursing Program at Mayville State University will prepare graduates with enhanced nursing knowledge and skills to: lead change to improve quality outcomes, advance a culture of evidence through lifelong learning, build and lead collaborative interprofessional teams, address evolving healthcare needs, navigate and integrate care services across the healthcare system, design innovative nursing practices, translate evidence into practice, and promote health and elevate care as flexible leaders employed in critical action within complex and changing health, educational, and organizational systems.
MSN Program Mission
The mission of the Graduate Nursing Program is to prepare nurses within a collaborative learning environment to effectively serve as nurse leaders in academic and practice settings who are committed to life-long learning, contribute to the discipline of nursing through rigorous intellectual inquiry and translation of evidence into practice, collaborate with interprofessional teams, and lead change, promote health, and elevate care for diverse and global populations.
Are you Ready to make an impact? Check out Mayville State University's Nurse Educator and Nurse Leadership & Management MSN tracks !!
The graduate nursing program prepares the BSN prepared nurse for advanced nursing practice as a nurse educator in academic and practice settings.
- The 2-path system (FT & PT) and courses offered strictly online allow flexibility for adult learners.
- Students will take 2-4 courses per semester each in 5-week block w/the exception of a 10-week practicum course.
- The combination of MaSU's affordability & it's unique offerings make it a Best Regional College as designated by the Princeton Review; this process is based upon meeting criteria for academic excellence!
Requirements for Admission
•Application to Mayville State University using the link below. Applicant must select either MSN Nurse Educator or MSN Nurse Leadership & Management track during the application process.
•Completion of the online MSN Program application
•Earned baccalaureate nursing degree (i.e. BSN or BAN) from a regionally accredited institution which holds national nursing program accreditation.
- Conditional program acceptance will be granted to applicants who apply in the final semester of their baccalaureate degree program with unconditional acceptance granted upon receipt of the final transcript with posted baccalaureate degree.
•Current U.S. unencumbered RN licensure required throughout program enrollment in state anticipated for practicum course experiences.
•Applicants from a state other than ND or MN must be a resident of a state where Mayville State University is authorized to offer online degree programs, see MaSU State Authorizations Website available at http://www.mayvillestate.edu/msu-online/msu-online/state-authorization/
- Applicant from state other than ND or MN must obtain approval for student practicum experiences from the state board of nursing within his/her state of residence prior to being granted program admission. Documentation of state board of nursing approval to be secured utilizing the Division of Nursing required form.
•Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
•Minimum grade of “C” required for all previous nursing courses.
•Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
•Two letters of reference addressing nursing role performance (provided on Division of Nursing Reference form.
•Clearance for clinical practice verified within a criminal background check completed within the online program application.
•Access to a computer with high-speed Internet and virus protection.
•Maximum of 9 SH credits permitted for transfer of NURS graduate credits from a regionally accredited institution who holds national nursing program accreditation.
•MaSU BSN elective course credit (maximum of 9 credits) can be earned at the master’s level. Specific MSN courses to be used to meet this requirement must be approved by the BSN program advisor. No additional admission processes will be required for the BSN student to enroll in MSN courses for BSN elective credit.
Required after program admission:
- Proof of all current immunizations
- Current American Health Association Healthcare Provider (BLS) CPR certification
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Proof of health insurance/health insurance waiver
- Admission Deadlines
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
- Priority consideration will be given to applications received by March 1st for fall semester and October 1st for spring semester
•Public comment invited in Mayville State University MSN Program CCNE initial accreditation•
Mayville State University will host an on-site evaluation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) February 1-3, 2021. CCNE is an autonomous accrediting agency that strives to ensure the quality and integrity of baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs.
Communities of interest have the opportunity to submit by email, comments concerning a program’s qualifications for accreditation status. Third-party comments should be emailed to CCNE at thirdpartycomments@CCNEaccreditation.org. Comments will be accepted by CCNE until January 11, 2021, 21 days prior to the start of the on-site evaluation.