Dependents of Military Members & Veterans

There are certain GI Bill benefits that are able to be transferred from the active duty member or Veteran to their dependents (spouses or children). The Montgomery GI Bill and the Post 9/11 GI Bill are two such programs. In order to qualify for these programs, the armed forces member must relinquish and sign over benefits to the intended dependent. Contact your installation's education officer for details in signing over benefits to spouses or children.

Other Misc. Programs/Benefits

Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) MyCAA is an educational initiative sponsored by the DOD. Under this initiative, military spouses are able to receive up to $6,000 in financial assistance to help them pursue their education. For more information on this program, please visit:
Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) Any dependent of a North Dakota resident veteran who was killed in action, who died from service connected causes, who was totally disabled as a result of service connected causes, or who died from service connected disabilities, or who was a POW or MIA may be eligible for tuition and fee waivers for up to forty five months or ten semesters while they pursue a bachelors degree at Mayville State. Additional information on this waiver is available at