RN-to-BSN Program Admission Criteria
To expedite the admission process, the following are recommended to take place concurrently:
Step 1 of admission process:
- Admission to Mayville State University
- Complete the Mayville State University Application for Admission using the following link: Mayville State University application for admission
- Submit a non-refundable, one-time $35 application fee. No admissions decisions will be made until the application fee is received.
- Submit official transcripts from all previously attended institutions. These must be sent directly from the institution and must show all courses attempted and grades earned. Transcripts must be signed by a school official and contain the official school seal.
- Applicants must meet university admission requirements for transfer students
- Be in good academic standing (not on dismissed or suspended status) at the most recent college or university you have attended.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the conclusion of any semester in which the number of institutional and transfer hours attempted reaches or exceeds 64 semester hours.
- Note: minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 required for nursing program admission
Step 2 of admission process:
- Admission to the RN-to-BSN Program
- Completion of the RN-to-BSN Program application
- RN-to-BSN Program online application
- Admission Deadlines: Applications are accepted year round. Priority consideration is given to fall semester applications received by Feb. 1st, and to spring semester applications received by October 1st.
- Submit a non-refundable, one-time $25 program application fee by calling the business office at 701-788-4757, or 4758, No admission decisions will be made until the program application fee is received.
- Earned nursing degree leading to RN licensure (AAS, AS, or Diploma) from a regionally accredited institution (nursing program accreditation not required)
- Conditional program acceptance will be granted if applying in final semester of RN program until the final AAS/AS-RN degree has been posted.
- Active unencumbered RN license or be a graduate in current semester with license pending
- Must be licensed by July 15th for Fall semester start/November 15th for Spring start (later date allowed only by Division Chair approval).
- Conditional program acceptance will be granted to applicants who do not hold RN licensure but are scheduled for or awaiting results of the NCLEX-RN Exam.
- Submit license information including license number and state of issuance
- Should a final transcript or licensure status indicate the applicant has not met the above admission requirements, conditional acceptance will be withdrawn and the student will be required to reapply to the program in a future semester. The applicant will not be considered as admitted to the program to continue with enrollment in nursing courses without valid RN licensure. Enrollment in courses outside of the nursing major (Essential Studies courses, 300/400 level courses, and a statistics course), however, may proceed.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum grade of "C" required for all previous nursing courses
- Two professional letters of reference addressing nursing role performance must be submitted to the Division of Nursing's Admin. Coordinator at email@example.com.
MaSU Division of Nursing_Program Reference Form
- Identification of public health clinical site(s) available local to student residence for required clinical course, NURS 442.
- Applicant must indicate potential public health agency locations on program application
- Applicant from a state other than ND or MN must be a resident of a state where Mayville State University is authorized to offer online degree programs (see MaSU State Authorizations Website). In addition, the applicant must obtain approval for student clinical experiences from the state board of nursing within his/her state of residence prior to being granted program admission. Documentation of state board of nursing approval using the form below is required.
MaSU out-of-state clinical approval form
- Following program admission, submission of the following will be required within the program's approved platform:
- Proof of current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS) CPR certificate
- Proof of all current immunizations
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Proof of health insurance/health insurance waiver
- Access to a computer with high-speed Internet and virus protection
- Personal computer requirements will be provided upon request
- The Office of Nursing Admissions will notify applicants of their admission to MaSU.
- The Nursing Division will notify applicants of their admission status to the nursing program.