July 20-31, 2019
Join Gary and Debbie Hagen as they explore the beautiful Alpine countries of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland!
Spend time exploring some of Europe's most beautiful landscapes. This pleasantly paced and interesting itinerary will take you into Bavaria and Austria, a Mecca of classical music, and Alpine views. You'll then travel into Switzerland where dramatically stunning geography has no equal. We would love for you to join us in the "Land of the Sound of Music" to enjoy lakes, mountains, delicious food, charming villages, and expert sightseeing.
- Round trip airfare from Minneapolis/St. Paul, including taxes, fees, and fuel surcharge
- 10 nights accommodations, first-class/superior tourist class, double occupancy
- Daily breakfast (B), 2 lunches (L), and 5 dinners (D), including Swiss Folklore Dinner Show
- First-class touring coach
- City sightseeing in Munich, Salzburg, Zurich, and Lucerne with local guide
- Cable-car ride to Mount Pilatus Summit
- Visits to Dachau Concentration Camp, Eagle's Nest in Berchtesgaden, Mozart's birthplace, Hohenschwangau Castle, Heidi's House, Heidi's Alp Hut, and Johanna Spyri Museum
- Entrance fees to all sites outlined in itinerary
- Luggage handling at hotels for one suitcase (subject to availability)
- Tour assistant for days 2, 4, and 12
- Tour escort for days 5-9
- Tour information kit
Early Registration Process
Plans are being made for our 2019 trip to the Alpine countries! Download the preliminary itinerary for details. You will note that the dates are July 20-31, 2019. We are unable to secure and confirm airfare pricing until a later date. However, the ESTIMATED PACKAGE PRICE is $4,995 per person, including airfare from Minneapolis/St. Paul.
There has been tremendous interest in the MSU Alumni Association's previous trips to Norway, Italy, and Alaska. Our friends at Brekke Tours expect this tour will sell out quickly, thus we are starting to take early registrations. A fully refundable $400 per person deposit (paid by check) will secure your place on the tour. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once the 2019 trip is finalized (approximately 10-11 months prior to departure), Brekke Tours will send you the confirmed, priced itinerary, the terms and conditions, as well as information regarding airfare and travel insurance. You will be asked to confirm your tour registration.
For your information, it is possible to request estimated airfare supplements for alternative travel dates and departure and return cities. Please note your request on the Early Registration Form. If you prefer to make your own air arrangements, please ensure that the tour is guaranteed to operate before making reservations.
Once you are advised of the confirmed itinerary and price, you will then have two weeks to cancel. Should you cancel, you will receive a full refund of your trip deposit. Upon acceptance of the confirmed itinerary and price, your deposit of $400 per person become non-refundable.