Mayville State's 2016-2020 strategic plan was extended into 2022 due to time and resource constraints posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mayville State University will embark on a campus-wide initiative to develop a new strategic plan beginning in the fall of 2021.
Mayville State 2016-2022 Strategic Plan Themes and Goals
Supporting the success of MSU's diverse student body measured by progression toward degree completion, high impact student-centered inclusive support services and transformative experiences in a global community.
- Goal 1.1: Redefine and strengthen the recruitment and admissions process.
- Goal 1.2: Increase the number of students who make timely academic progression and attain degree completion.
- Goal 1.3: Provide transformative experiences for students.
- Goal 1.4: Utilize systems and analytics to monitor and manage retention that leads to graduation.
Creating positive living, learning, and working environments.
- Goal 2.1: Provide safe, secure, and inclusive physical and social shared environments.
- Goal 2.2: Technology use across the institution reflects current social, instructional, and workforce practices.
- Goal 2.3: Facilities support the development of a positive living, learning, and working environment.
- Goal 2.4: Develop environmentally safe and responsible practices.
- Goal 2.5: Provide reasonable accommodations for learners with documented disabilities with readily available resources and alternative instructional strategies regardless of delivery mode.
Improving student learning by strengthening academic quality and investing in learning and teaching excellence.
- Goal 3.1: Focus on strengthening the quality of instruction across all modes of course delivery.
- Goal 3.2: Improve academic excellence by recruiting and retaining qualified diverse faculty and faculty with diversified qualifications.
- Goal 3.3: Provide faculty with the tools and resources for success to create a culture that supports quality instruction.
- Goal 3.4: Strategically increase options for course offerings in programs.
- Goal 3.5: Assess and respond to emerging opportunities through strategic investment in new programs of study.
- Goal 3.6: Use valid student learning assessment techniques and resulting data for decision making.
- Goal 3.7: Ensure academic quality across all modes of course delivery.
Inspiring and supporting innovation, creativity, and research.
- Goal 4.1: Create opportunities for students and faculty to engage in research and other scholarly activities.
- Goal 4.2: Support and reward innovation that results in new relationships, research, academic programs, enrollments, and learning experiences.
Committing to individualized personal service and institutional stewardship.
- Goal 5.1: Strengthen a culture of communication.
- Goal 5.2: Foster commitment to personal service across campus.
- Goal 5.3: Employ the strategic plan to guide institutional vision and priorities.
- Goal 5.4: Invest in qualified faculty and staff who support institutional mission and achieve priorities.
- Goal 5.5: Invest in new ways of charitable giving that support institutional priorities.