The technology fee at Mayville State University is $246 per semester for all full-time students. The fee for part-time students is prorated on a per-credit-hour basis. Distance students pay an additional distance delivery fee to cover the cost of technology.
What does the fee cover?
- 68% Service Desk staff and services
- 14% Campus infrastructure
- 11% Software licenses
- 7% NDUS technology fee
What staff and services does the Service Desk provide?
- MSU Service Desk Manager and staff
- Hours are 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday (Summer: 7:30am-4:00pm, M-F)
- Technology assistance
- Temporary computer check-out
- Printer maintenance and supplies
What is campus infrastructure?
MSU is constantly improving the campus infrastructure to further enhance the educational learning experience for students. The campus infrastructure includes the local area network, the campus computer backbone, servers, networked printers, Internet access (wired & wireless) and classroom connectivity, and presentation tools. The technology fee is used to help defray the costs of these on-going technology updates.
What software is covered by the fee?
- Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Blackboard Learning Management System