It's your home.
Beginning in the Fall Semester 2017, Birkelo is the home of the Birkelo Undergraduate Intentional Leadership Development (BUILD) House. Students choosing to live in Birkelo Hall will create a community of:
- Members of the top ¼ of Mayville State students, based on ACT and/or H.S. GPA Students will share:
- a commitment to excellence in the classroom.
- a commitment to on-campus activities, in the form of attending and planning/working at events.
- a residential space intended to foster scholarship, active discussion, and friendships.
Students interested in applying can do so through their Housing Portal. Housing applications are accessed through Campus Connection – log into Campus Connection,
- then select “Self Service,”
- then “Housing,”
- which will bring you into the MyHousing Portal.
- Select “Applications” in the top bar, and finally
- select, complete, and submit the Exemption to the On-Campus Requirement application.
Students who live in a residence hall are required to take part in an approved board plan. Freshmen must choose between 10- or 14-meal plans, while sophomores, juniors, and seniors may select from 5-meal, 10-meal, or 14-meal plans.
New and returning students requesting a housing assignment will be required to pay a $25 application fee. None of this application fee will be applied to student's housing charges and will not be refundable.