Summer Semester 2018
This summer the writing center will be open part-time for e-mail appointments by contacting our consultant Kristin Wright directly at Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The writing center works with writers at all skill levels during any stage of the writing process.
Location: MSU Library (straight back past the computers)
Schedule: Sign up for a writing center appointment
How to sign up for a writing center appointment:
Writing Center Mission
Reading and writing are inextricably linked to the learning process. Every subject uses both reading and writing as a way of accessing and distributing knowledge. The writing center helps students work through ideas, access their knowledge stores, and effectively put their ideas on paper. We take a rhetorical approach to the writing process, meaning that we will help you meet your specific goal for your particular audience, often in the context of an academic course. The writing center is useful for every writer, at every level, and in any discipline.
The Writing Center Offers:
- Writing consultants with diverse academic backgrounds.
- One-on-one sessions focused on brainstorming, clarifying ideas, developing drafts, revising, editing, and documentation.
- Thirty minute appointments that are free of charge to students, staff, and faculty.
- Client Report Forms to send to instructors that communicate work done at the writing center.
- Opportunities for instructors to include the center as part of their writing assignments.
Writing Center Hours
Please visit our schedule at mayville.mywconline.com to see open appointment times.
More Writing Resources:
From OWL at Purdue
Academic Honesty: Avoiding Plagiarism
Common Writing Errors
Harvard University Writing Guides