Whether in a Traditional Room, Suite, or Apartment; We hope you will call it Home.
Plan ahead now: residence halls open Saturday, August 24, 2019, at 1:00 pm.
Find out more about all housing options available.
Welcome to Agassiz Hall on the Mayville State University campus! Agassiz Hall was renovated in 2011, and features 2 or 4 person apartment and suite-style accommodations. Students have suite-style baths (you share with the other three people in your suite) and spacious living rooms.
Welcome to Berg Hall on the Mayville State University campus! Berg Hall provides traditional residence hall rooms with a community style bath. Also included is closet space, cable TV and internet, laundry facilities, and night security staff. Every building is secure and there are abundant parking spaces available at no charge to the student.
Mayville State hosts the Birkelo Undergraduate Intentional Leadership Development (BUILD) House program. Students can submit an application for the BUILD House and for the partial housing waiver attached to it. (If you have not completed the 2019-2020 Housing Application, you need to do that first). Log-in here.
Students choosing to live in Birkelo Hall will create a community of members of
the top ¼ of Mayville State students, based on ACT and/or H.S. GPA.
Students will share:
- a commitment to excellence in the classroom.
- a commitment to on-campus activities, in the form of attending and planning/working at events.
- a residential space intended to foster scholarship, active discussion, and friendships.
Students benefit by:
- having a chance to be in closer proximity to other highly-qualified students,
- access to increase faculty interaction
- access to opportunities that are constantly being identified – lab assistants, teaching assistants, and study abroad opportunities that are being developed.
- access to scholarship dollars specifically available for students in the BUILD House.
Who should apply
Students in the BUILD program have a chance to create something new. We are looking for students who:
- want to commit to being in a more scholarly building and commit to being a part of campus activities.
- have a 22 ACT (Composite), with a 3.25 HS GPA, or a similar GPA in transfer to Mayville State.
(Students with either a 22 or 3.25 are eligible for the House; students with both a 22 and 3.25 have preference for admission to the House).
Space is limited
Intended class size is approximately 48 new students. This cozy number helps ensure we are able to target our resources to participating students.
Partial-cost room waivers are available and are intended to encourage participation for students who want to contribute to our campus in meaningful ways. A current double room in Birkelo (you sharing a room) will bill at $1370/fall semester. Apply for the program, write a great essay, and you may be awarded a scholarship for $600 in the fall semester (other costs such as book, tuition and fees, meal plan, or living in a different building are not covered by this scholarship) and $500 in the spring semester.
Write a ~700-word statement about an experience you’ve had where you used, or wish you had used, leadership. After your essay is written, return to the housing portal, use the “Links” button on the homepage, and submit your essay. Your answers should be submitted by June 1, 2019.
Questions? Feel free to contact Jeffrey Powell, the Director of Student Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org