Greetings from Mayville State University and Lake Region State College!
It’s College Fair Season!
We’ve gone VIRTUAL in 2020!
On behalf of the DACAC-ND Council – we would like to invite you and your students to one of our live virtual college fairs in September!
There will be 6 live events of college fairs going on in September from 9 am-3 pm central time. To help prevent too many users on the virtual fair at one time, we have broken down the schools into 6 separate days.
Check out this quick 2-minute video to see what the virtual fair look like.
Here are 5 great reasons why we want you and your students to register for our virtual college fair!
- More convenient: no travel/no time limit. The virtual college fair will remain posted for you to explore at your convenience.
- Expert presentations on the college search and college application process with time for your specific questions to be answered from the Bank of North Dakota. Watch live and come back to watch again on demand.
- Safer Way to Connect: Colleges will be available for a one-on-one chat to help you learn more about their institution. They can visit about student life, programs, sports, financial aid, and more!
- Great Search Tools: Search colleges specifically by name or search by attributes like campus size or majors offered.
- Choose Your Screen: Attend this virtual college fair from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
Please see below to see when we will be offering the fair for your school. If you have a student that cannot join online this day, they may join on another day! This fair will be available year-round, but the live reps will only be available these days. The Bank of ND or DACAC-ND may utilize this platform later for additional presentations as well, including BND’s College Application Month events.
Much like a regular fair, we hope that you can schedule a time for your students to attend. We all know they are more likely to participate in a structured setting than simply giving them the link and leaving them to their own devices! We have representatives from colleges and industries that are participating and having a booth in our virtual fair just like they would be if it was in person. A live representative will be available to chat during the event. There will also be videos, links, and more for you and the students to explore!
We invite you to join us on September 22 for the Northeast North Dakota fair.
Additional Fairs across the state:
- Southwest fair Sept. 15
- Western Class A fair Sept. 16
- Northwest fair Sept. 17
- Eastern Class A fair Sept. 23
- Southeast fair Sept. 24
Registration will open on August 24, 2020. Please have your students register at https://bankofnorthdakota.swoogo.com/virtual/begin
They may register before the date or the day of the event. As a counselor, you will be able to register as well and visit with booths if you would like. BONUS: Students do not have to have barcodes this year! Any booth they click on will give that booth their contact information, just like their barcode would.
All students who register and interact with at least 3 schools or industries during the live fair will be entered to win a $50 Visa or Amazon gift card! There will be 1 winner per live event. DACAC-ND will reach out to the winner via phone/email that they use for their registration.
HS Counselors: We want to include you in on the fun too! Counselors that register for the fair and have students interact with schools or industries will also be entered in a drawing for a $25 Visa or Amazon gift card!
College Fair Tips for Students https://dacacnd.com/pdf/College-Fair-Tips-for-Students.pdf )
While this was written with in-person fairs in mind, we think it is still all mostly information that applies!
We look forward to seeing you and your students at the virtual fairs! Please contact one of your site coordinators with any questions you may have.
Northeast Site coordinator information: