Who are we?
The Mayville State University Child Development Programs (MSU CDP) has been providing comprehensive programming to Head Start and Child Care families since 1991, to Early Head Start families since 2002 with an expansion in the city limits of Grand Forks, ND in 2010. The MSU CDP provides collaborative programming designed to meet the changing needs of families across the rural service area of Traill, Steele, Nelson and Grand Forks counties in eastern North Dakota. MSU CDP provides collaborative pre-k within three school districts, childcare for children ages birth to 13, and is Mayville State University hands-on lab site used for educating future early childhood educators and teachers. In 2015, the MSU CDP was awarded a Early Head Start/Child Care Partnership Grant within the service area Traill, Steel, Nelson, Grand Forks and Walsh counties. It is through such partnership and diverse programming that children, families, and community member receive high quality comprehensive services.
Mission/Vision of MSU CDP
Mayville State University Child Development Programs (MSU CDP) will assist in empowering children, families, staff, students and volunteers by providing opportunities and resources to improve their quality of life.
Unit Goals of the MSU CDP
- To provide the opportunities for comprehensive developmental (physical, social, cognitive, emotional and language) through developmentally appropriate practice.
- To value and support “parents as their children’s first and primary teachers.”
- To foster independence self-sufficiency and individual empowerment by linking families with temporary and appropriate supportive services.
- To promote partnership with community resources by linking children, families, staff, and students with appropriate agencies according to their individual needs.
- To encourage and mentor each other in professional growth.
- To provide opportunities for leadership, learning, and direct experiences in a developmentally appropriate classroom.
- To provide opportunities and support for individuals to share their time and talent.
MSU Child Development Programs Parent Handbook contains information for all of the programs we offer – Head Start, Early Head Start, Early Head Start/Child Care Partnerships, Child Care and CHEERS. This handbook provides information about each program option and general program information. Be sure to watch your child’s Classroom Newsletters and Parent Link for possible changes.
Parent Handbook (PDF): 19-20 MSU CDP Parent Handbook.pdf
Each year, as a Head Start/Early Head Start regulation, the Mayville State University Child Development Programs (MSU CDP) compiles program information to provide an in-depth report of the program for public viewing. This report includes stats of children served, budget vs. actual, and much more. Below you will find our current report.
Annual Report (PDF): Annual Report 2017-2018.pdf