Edson and Margaret Larson were members of the Mayville community and constant supporters and donors of scholarship assistance at Mayville State University. They recognized the importance of the university to their community and took pride in helping Mayville State students. Their foundation is providing the funding for these scholarships that recognize leadership and the academic achievements of North Dakota residents.
Edson and Margaret Larson Annual Scholarship recipients are chosen based on their demonstrated levels of community service, leadership, and academics/entrepreneurial success.
- Available to Mayville State juniors and seniors (transfer students are also eligible)
- Must have a grade point average of at least 3.25
- Must be full-time student
- Must be resident of North Dakota or graduate of North Dakota high schools
- Intend to attend a graduate school to pursue graduate studies at a North Dakota/Minnesota institution
- Intend to work in the state of North Dakota following graduation
Applicants are required to complete an application, submit an essay describing their leadership qualities and academic goals. (Further direction is given on the application.) A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or school administrator is also required. This letter of recommendation should speak to the applicant's leadership qualities and work ethic.