International transfer students who are attending other colleges in the United States may have the $100 administrative processing fee credited to their tuition and fee charges if there are no costs incurred for express mailing documents. International transfer students currently attending a U.S. college should complete the International Student Visa Transfer Application.
Official, academic records (referred to as transcripts in the U.S.) and/or diplomas attesting to the applicant's secondary and university education must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions if they are recorded in English. Academic records in any other language must be sent directly by the institution(s) attended to an evaluation service used by Mayville State University.
All documents must bear an official signature in ink of the appropriate official of the institution (such as the registrar or recorder of records) and must bear the institution's seal. If the college or university will not mail original, official, academic documents to the United States, exact copies that have been certified as such by the appropriate institutional official of each institution attended should be sent.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
In order to be considered for admission, transfer applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be in good academic standing (not on dismissed or suspended status) at their most recent institution attended.
• Have a minimum GPA of 1.70 at the conclusion of the semester in which the total number of institutional and transfer hours attempted reaches 24 semester hours; or a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the conclusion of any semester in which the number of institutional and transfer hours attempted reaches or exceeds 64 semester hours.
Transfer applicants who do not meet these requirements may be evaluated on an individual basis. If you have earned less than 24 transferable credits, you must also meet the criteria for the freshman applicant.
A complete admissions file includes:
• Provide a copy of a valid passport.
• Official transcripts of all previous academic work from each institution attended sent to: Office of Admissions, Mayville State University, 330 Third Street NE, Mayville, ND 58257. These must be sent directly from the institutions to Mayville State University and must show all courses attempted and grades earned. Transcripts must be signed by a school official and contain the official school seal.
• An official high school transcript or proof of successful completion of the GED. This is not required of applicants who have earned 24 or more semester hours of transferable credits.
• Results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). This is only required if you have earned less than 24 semester hours of transferable college credit.
• A completed university immunization form. For anyone born after 1956, proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella must be supplied by official documents. This applies only to on-campus students. Effective fall of 2012, all newly admitted students ages 21 and younger who are residing in campus housing must provide documentation that they received the meningococcal disease (Meningitis) vaccination.
Additional Requirements for all Canadian Students
• Complete the International Student Visa Transfer Application if transferring from a US College.
• Complete the Canadian Financial Statement which shows proof of finances available for study in the U.S. Provide verification of funds in the form of a letter signed by a bank official.
• A SEVIS I-901 processing fee paid to the appropriate government agency.