Advancing Education at MSU
Excellence in teaching and learning, enhanced by a deep commitment to our own brand of personal service, is the heart and soul of MSU.
The goal of the Advancing Education at MSU program is to promote ongoing improvement of academic quality by supporting and rewarding innovation that results in new relationships, research, and learning experiences. The mini-grant is a mechanism to provide support to MSU employees who would like to experiment with creating instructional resources or training materials, implementing instructional strategies, equipment, collaboration, and so on. Please see below for specifics.
- Pool of $10,000 from Extended Learning
- All faculty and staff are invited to apply
- $2,000 max per person per project (may apply in groups). These funds are reserved for purchasing equipment, resources, or other expenses other than time invested
- Stipends that pay for applicant time invested (rather than equipment or resources) may be requested for up to $1000 per person
Examples of the types of projects we will fund (you are not limited to these ideas):
- Upgrades of furniture and equipment in classrooms (limit one classroom per division).
- Upgrades could be to equip a room with audio / video recording devices
- Upgrades could also provide an active learning space for students
We will not fund conferences or travel.