MaSU Staff Senate’s mission is to represent classified staff on matters and
proposals that would involve the status of classified employees, and to
improve communication between the President, Vice Presidents and all
employees of Mayville State University. Staff Senate represents all classified
personnel, officers of the institution and all other permanent employees who
are not members of the faculty association.
Objectives and Purposes
Mayville State University's Staff Association shall serve the following objectives and purposes:
- To gain a spirit of unity, pride, and cooperation by being recognized equally with the faculty and students as participants in advising University administration.
- To be an active communication link for meaningful information exchange between staff and administration relative to issues of mutual concern.
- To provide open meetings to express, propose, represent, investigate, debate, and recommend action on issues, which, on majority approval, bear the authority of a responsible voice in University affairs.
- To provide an opportunity to be advisory in the administration of working and employment conditions and practices, including recognition, compensation, and other pertinent issues.
- To involve democratically chosen staff representatives in the operation of the University and to increase awareness of interrelating problems and opportunities.