Career Services serves as a resource for:
- Students and alumni seeking assistance with career development
- Primary point of contact for employers to connect with Mayville State students and alumni
PART-TIME STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
Local part-time jobs shared with Career Services are distributed to students through Career Services Announcements.
Mayville State University students, of any major, have the opportunity to work in a field related to their major and earn credit for their work experience. Mayville State students have completed internships across the United States in private companies, governmental agencies, and non-profit organizations. Students can begin the internship registration process by contacting Career Services.
CAREER SEARCH ASSISTANCE
Students and alumni are offered assistance to help find appropriate and satisfying employment. Services include:
- Job search strategies
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Mock interviews
- Information on area career fairs and on-campus employer engagement events
CAREER PLANNING ASSISTANCE
Career Services provides career planning tools to help students find their career path, including one-on-one career advisement and access to career planning resources.
SUCCESS OF OUR GRADUATES
Career outcomes report is prepared by Career Services and details the career outcomes of past Mayville State graduates.
CAREER SERVICES PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
North Dakota Association of Career Services Professionals (NDACSP)
National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
American Association for Employment in Education
- To promote greater awareness within Mayville State University of issues related to the field of career planning and the world of employment, as they affect persons over their lifetimes.
- To assist students and alumni as they engage in self-assessment, obtain occupational information, explore employment opportunities or advanced education, and to present themselves effectively as candidates.
- Our ultimate goal is to provide resources that allow and enhance optimal placement in employment or further professional preparation for the greatest number of Mayville State University students and alumni.
Career Services Coordinator