*MSU is using Blackboard Learn 9.1.
FACULTY TUTORIALS FOR BLACKBOARD LEARN 9.1 ARE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BELOW.
Bb Collaborate Ultra
Copy (Import) Courses
Course Entry Point
- To replicate the Q&A Forum in Moodle, use the Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum option under Forum Settings.
- You can grade student participation in a forum as a whole, or you can grade each thread.
- You can assign grades based on student participation, on the quality of their posts, or a combination of the two.
- You can manually change the status of a post to unread.
- You can manually flag posts to review again later or mark as important.
- You can collect posts to view them on one page and then filter or print the list.
- About Discussions, Forums and Threads
- Grading Discussions
- Create Discussions
- Create Group Discussions
- Create Forums (text-based tutorial)
- Create Discussion Board Forums (video tutorial)
- Create Threads
- Bb Learn does not keep a record of emails. Any email received from Bb Learn appears in your external email inbox.
- If students are sending excessive email in the course or you want to turn off email for some other reason, you can disable the email tool in each course: >Course Management panel > Course Tools > Send email > Hide link.
- Recipients of each email won't see the email addresses of other recipients.
- Remember to include a subject line so that the email is sent successfully. If you leave the subject line blank, the message may not be delivered or could be marked as spam.
FERPA Course Grouping Form
Global Navigation Menu
- Creating a Total Column in the Grade Center
- Creating a Percentage Column (Video 00:04:50)
- Grading Assignments
- Grades Integration Process
- Student View of My Grades (Video 00:05:55)
New Semester Prep
Tests and Quizzes
- Converting a Word Doc to a Bb Test
- Copying a Test to Another Course (Video 00:04:39)
- Force Completion
- Test Results & Feedback (Video 00:04:53)
- Do not use Force Completion >When the internet cuts out, even very briefly, the test ends, answers are submitted and the attempt cannot be re-opened. If a student is not done with the test when the internet glitches, he or she cannot re-start the attempt; a new attempt needs to be opened and the student has to re-answer all questions.
- When using Auto Submit > students get no grace period to finish up and submit.
- Chrome is the preferred browser for Blackboard Learn; especially for taking tests
- Before taking a test, students should clear their cache and make sure cookies are turned on.
- By default, tests are not available to students when they are created.
- Each test can be added only once to a specific content area, learning module, or folder.
- To access and edit all tests from one space: Control Panel > Course Tools > Tests
- Students are notified about a test via the My Blackboard Updates module.
- Test Question Types
- Matching Questions
- Multiple Answer Questions
- Fill in Multiple Blanks
- Short Answer Questions
Rubrics can be associated with assignments, blogs, journals, wikis, discussion board threads, and forums. Also test question types such as essays, file response and short answer.
Percentage based rubrics are more flexible that point based rubrics
- Once a wiki is set for grading, it cannot be changed to no grading.
- All pages created and edited by a specific student can be viewed under Participant's Contribution.