Tips for COVID-19 Prevention
You are encouraged to stay healthy through these preventive practices:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Be current on all immunizations to stay healthy, including influenza vaccine.
If you are planning to travel, please consider whether your travel is necessary, and if it could possibly be postponed or canceled. If you must travel, try as much as possible to practice social distancing by avoiding large crowds and keeping space between you and others where people congregate. Practice frequent hand hygiene by washing your hands with soap and water or using an alcohol-based product. If you travel, you may face a higher risk contracting COVID-19, significant delays in returning, and/or the requirement to self-isolate upon your return.
Please review travel information for additional resources.
Click here to review information from the North Dakota Department of Health if you believe you may have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
The CDC now recommends the use of cloth face coverings as an added measure to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Click here for more information from the CDC, along with a video for how to make your own cloth face covering: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html.